Monday, July 21, 2014

Finale: Going cleanser-free

To see earlier posts in this thread, click here and here.

I've been tied up with things and couldn't keep up with the live reporting, but here's the update.

My cleanser-free experiment lasted 7 days.

Here's the verdict: For the average day, you don't NEED cleansing products. Trouble is, you really WANT them.

In my CF week, I found that showering twice a day with water and a good scrubber took care of cleaning up amply well. Plain water for the hair, with a baking soda solution and vinegar rinse was perfect. Alum took care of keep odor neutral.

But. Weak, brainwashed beasts that one is, (one as in I), one misses fragrance. rich, foamy lather. Blowing bubbles (what, you don't do that?). More alarmingly, using soap convinces one that one doesn't have to bother with a brush (not true), making for hastier, lazier showers.

So I have folded like a house of cards and started using soap again. Happy outcome is that I prefer the baking-soda solution and vinegar for hair - it cleans thoroughly, conditions very well and best of all, no more dry, irritated scalp. So I might stick to that for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment